TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Buyer's Remorse #35 - You want HOW much?!


Yes, Tommy, I haven’t posted anything since late March of 1987, but I’ve been busy.  Like, really busy.  Between work, family, landscaping, eating, sleeping, and procrastinating, I haven’t had time to fart, let alone work on a damn blog!  Am I making excuses?  Of course I am!!!  I’m lazy folks, no two ways about it.  I love to sit on my couch, creating an ample ass sized depression in the couch cushion, and play video games, catch up on Game of Thrones, and watch shitty movies.  However, with some gentle prodding by Tommy (I feel violated), I’ve mustered up enough energy to update you all on my not so recent game chasing escapades.

The Nintendo GameCube Quest is coming along nicely, and as I approach the 100 mark I feel it only fitting to either acquire a rare and unequalled game that will throw  Tommy and Tyson into a frenzied fit of jealousy, or pick up some shitter like Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 and play it to infuriating completion.  Of course I’m assuming that Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 is a shitter, but come on, I’d say that’s a pretty safe assumption (2.5 stars on IGN).

Here’s the new gang:
 
 
 
Two games courtesy of Hitman Tommy.  Every time I look at The Urbz, I think of the 1989 comedy “The ‘Burbs” starring Tom Hanks.  I’m hoping the game features some unsightly looking guy trying to mash a suspicious looking Hefty bag into a garbage can.  Also, Harvest Moon.

 
 

Picked these up at the Retro Gamers Unite convention. Not a huge score, but I was happy to once again have Parasite Eve back in my collection. Tyson paid $5 and gifted me Super Smash Bros. (not currently working). I’m really looking forward to checking out Jade Empire. I love me some BioWare games, and this one has Nathan Fillion doing a voice over, to boot.




Tyson shared in one of his Kijiji game lot bounties. Am I the only one who doesn’t enjoy SoulCalibur II? Maybe I’m too late to the game, because these controls suck! Same goes for Metroid Prime.What a shit infested control scheme! Why on earth didn’t they use the ‘C-stick’ for looking around?!  FUCK!!!!!


 

A Kijiji score I picked up from some kid and his buddy at the mall. I think he was all like “Dude, this guy is old!”, to his buddy.  I don’t do the Pokemon, but the kids seem to love ‘em, and this one is worth some good coin!

 
 

Found this one at the cottage.  Simulating life in a quaint little town.  Ya….I think I’ll keep this one on the shelf for a while.

 
 
 
Not hard to find the sports games.  These were picked up at Value Village.  Honestly, the only basketball game I’ve ever played was Double Dribble at my cousin’s place back in the day.  I loved the intro…”DOUBLE DRIBBLE!
 
 

 

Another Kijiji score.  This guy was erecting a sweet deck.  ( I know what you’re picturing, sicko.)

 
 

Another lot from Value Village.  Sometimes you get lucky…  I’m looking at you, Eternal Darkness.

 
 
 
Another Kijiji score…I can’t even remember from where.  Gotta blog this more often, I guess.

 


And another….what would I do without you, Kijiji?

 
 

It doesn’t hurt when a buddy is clearing out his old games.  Thanks, Trev.  Saints Row The Third has been my go to PS3 game recently.  It’s mayhem, for the sake of mayhem, and giant dildo bats.  Love it.   Crank that sex appeal… because boobs.

 
 
 
Yet another Value Village score.  Needed to pad the PS1 collection.  Still pretty dismal, but growing nonetheless.

 
 
 
Picked these up at G&L Sales Ltd.  Should have grabbed the frozen chicken fingers while I was there.  They looked delicious!

 
 
 
Somebody loves me.  Apparently my 18 month old saved up his allowance to buy dear old Dad a Wii U bundled with Mario Kart 8.  Love ya kiddo!

On a side note, if you haven’t played Mario Kart 8 yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?
Go out right now and buy that Wii U you keep dissing.  I’ll admit, I was skeptical about the Wii U, but Mario Kart 8 is the shit!  Especially when you’ve got people like Tyson and Tommy to destroy!  Plus, look at the 2015 lineup!  Zelda. Wii. U. It’s time.

 
 
 
Kijiji once again.  “I’ll throw in Lego Star Wars for free.” He says.  Hasn’t heard of pricecharting.com, I guess.  Still paid under value, so YEEEEAAAAHHHH!

 
That puts the GameCube collection up to 94 (95 if you count Super Smash Bros. which as I mentioned doesn’t work…hopefully another buff will fix it up)!  Well, with any luck I’ll be able to catch Tyson and Tommy slipping and rope in some more additions to the collection in the near future.
 
 


Until next time…


GameFaqs: jimmywilk
Twitter: @Epic_Jimmy


No comments:

Post a Comment