TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Sunday 6 July 2014

Buyer's Remorse #34 - Ring of Hoarding

If yaaaa smell what The Blog....is cooking!

Hey Blogamaniacs! This is your old pal Super Robot Tyson here with another installment of "Why I'm Broke" from River City Retro.

Things have been a little lean on the game finding quest and without a major PSP score, the tally would be pretty weak. However, when a game famine strikes, Tyson and Tommy feed ourselves with other material goods like DVDs, comics, and other crap. I won't go into a lot of detail here about the game pick-ups as I spoke about them on Episode #9 of the Two Crude Dudes podcast. Speaking of TCD, if you have not listened to our latest episode, you really need to go do that now. Fuck the blog, just go check out Episode #9. It's three hours of unrelenting jackassery that sets the bar lower than any thought possible. I'll wait while you listen to it...

Two Crude Dudes - Episode #9 - Leisure Suit Lolo

So, how was it? Pretty good, eh? Go give us a 5 Star rating on iTunes, you man-animals! 


Anyways, back to games and shit. As previously mentioned, I managed to hit a PSP sale and got 13 minty PSP games for $40. It was a solid chunk of titles too. Here's the first batch of pics:






I was pretty pleased with these scores as everything was crazy ass cheap from pawn shops, thrift stores, and I even snagged Hot Shots Tennis for $0.49 new from EB Games. EB Games can kiss my funky nartsack most of the time, but fourty-nine cents is hard to beat. Actually, game prices and secondary market values have been a burning rant of mine for a while now and I think for episode #10 of the podcast I'm going to light into the fuckwads who have driven up the prices on retro game collecting, making it into an elitist hobby. The day Jordan vs. Bird NES ends up in the glass case at PNP for $29.95 is the day I torch the place and go on a killing spree. 

Tyson decides that $600 bucks is too much for Earthbound.

Anyways, enough about angry things. Here's some things that made me happy, so I bought them and took them home and locked them in my basement. 

 
 
 
Jimmy keeps his Wavebird caged. 

That's all that I added to the game collection recently, but considering how much stuff I already have, it's amazing I still find things to buy at all. People just don't appreciate how much work it takes to rationalize buying all these games! I've decided that when I die, I just want to be sealed in my basement like a Pharaoh...with my cats...and a hooker...

Moving on, I'd like to shed light on another disease that has relapsed. Wrestling DVDs. I thought it was in remission and the tumor was shrinking, but it has reared it's evil head again. After enjoying the recent CWE local pro wrestling events that featured Chris Hero and WWE hall of fame diva Lita, I got bit by the wrestling bug again just in time for Ring of Honor to mark a shitload of their 2010-2012 DVDs down to $4.00 from $19.99. 

I may need to use the side of this shelf that is against the wall.
The mailman is gonna need a disc repaired in his back when he delivers the mammoth box of ROH DVDs to my door. If I counted all the hours of wrestling I need to watch to get caught up on Ring of Honor, I'd die of old age. I almost ordered another 24 DVDs after I placed my first order too. Fuck me!

In closing, I'd just like to say that I'm super excited about becoming a Dad for the first time, so I'm celebrating by buying as many DVDs as I can, cause I know there is no way I'm gonna be able to leave the house for the next 6 years until I can punt my new child off to Kindergarten!



Super Robot Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment