TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Saturday 30 March 2013

Buyer's Remorse #17 - Light Our Darkest Hour

Hey peoples! 

Super Robot Tyson has returned with another installment of "sneak this crap into the house before my wife sees it" or as we like to call it: Buyer's Remorse!

Tommy was pretty proud of adding Action 52 to his collection, and considering he's more of a NES completionist than me, I was happy for him. However, I think I also forced his hand when he saw what I was picking up from the same seller. There was no way he was going to quell the jealous bile in his throat unless he bought something crazier than me. BEHOLD!


Pray at the PS1 altar to save your game.
I've always wanted some kind of store sign for the game cave, but this is better than I ever imagined. I figured I'd end up with some lame "Fun Zone" fixture from Roger's Video or something equally weak. The sign works great and lights up the room nicely for late night drunken PS1 marathons. Burstrick Wake Boarding is gonna get some hours out of us again!

Also, since Tommy is "enjoying" Action 52 this week, it gives me a chance to show off a cool item I got in the mail from a Kickstarter Campaign I supported.

Teenage Retarded Kung-Fu Furballs? 
There is no doubt that Cheetahmen II is a terrible game, but this was a gaming curiosity I really wanted on the shelf. This is not the first time I've backed a Kickstarter and I think it's a great way to discover new musicians, artists, and game developers. I wish I had ordered that Dreamcast version of Pier Solar. Go check out Shovel Knight on Kickstarter too, for an idea of the kind of projects you can support: Shovel Knight

Me? I'm sending $50,000.00 to this Kickstarter project right away:


Anyways, back to the task at hand. I bought a crapload of other games in the last few weeks and instead of boring you with the details, I'll just throw up the pics and go from there.

Ignignokt says: Observe the digital nads...
C'mon Trevino! Give these people air!
I was happy to finally knock the first No More Heroes game off the want list and I had a moment of pain when I realized that the first Monster Hunter game I bought was the PAL version, but luckily the PSP is region free. Almost everything I bought was 5 bucks or under and came from the pawn shop circuit or from the seller that I grabbed the all-mighty Playstation sign from. One of my favorite memories of this day was when I texted Tommy later and my iPhone autocorrected one of the above games into "Führer Maker". Is it wrong to want to play that game? 

I spent the rest of the week playing some Xbox Live Indie Games and I can highly recommend Cthulhu Saves The World, DLC Quest, and Rad Raygun. For $1.00 each, your really can't go wrong. I also took down a NES game as part of the passive challenge from the first episode of the Two Crude Dudes podcast, but I won't reveal what it is until the next episode! 

Later in the week I beat Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and played about half of Singularity on Xbox 360. Transformers was another big wet dream for fans of the series, but I think I liked the first game "War For Cybertron" a little bit more. Singularity is a Bioshock clone with a silly Cold War theme where evil Russians take over the world and you have to re-write history by time traveling and shooting mutants in the face. Awesome.    

For as much as I rip on EB Games/Gamestop, they have had some crazy prices in their spring cleaning sale. A lot of used Wii and DS games are $0.99 and even some solid new titles are $4.99! Tommy snagged me Kirby's Epic Yarn and Dragon Quest VIII for $4.99 each. I paid him back by buying him a few beers, which is acceptable legal tender in Tommytown. I headed to EB myself today and only stopped at two locations, but ended up with 15 games for about 35-40 bucks.

God, the North American cover art for The Monkey King sucks so bad.
Tenchu's Dark Secret is a 37 on Metacritic.
That's about all for now, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for checking out the blog and the new Two Crude Dudes podcast! There will be lots more to come, including content from our trip to The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo! Maybe Michael Biehn will do a bunch of cocaine with me and crawl through the ducts looking for Terminators and Aliens...

Madmartigan Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment