TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Saturday 16 March 2013

Buyer's Remorse #15 - Philips Birthday Blowout!

It's been a busy time for River City Retro as we are getting ready to record the debut episode of the "Two Crude Dudes" podcast! I'm sure Tommy and I will have a lot to say about the world of game collecting, game playing, and other random media tidbits. If you like games, movies, comics, and inappropriate humor, you are not going to want to miss it! I'll get the shameless plug out of the way and say bookmark http://twocrudedudes.podbean.com/ now so that you can always find the latest episode. I should have an iTunes feed rolling not long after the first episode too.

Anyways, back to celebrating my spoils! I picked up some solid stuff on March 10th, including a dirt cheap copy of Dishonored on Xbox 360. I'm a nut for Bioshock type games and I've heard and seen nothing but great things. If you have not watched the "Walkenthrough" video where Christopher Walken is playing Dishonored and creating his own "whore tossing" mini-game, you are missing out. I also grabbed a few compilation discs and a pretty solid boxed copy of Cobra Command on NES.   


I wish there was a game called "Colecovision Dies!" just for continuity's sake...



March 14th was my birthday and I got a birthday surprise when I opened the mailbox. My boxed CDi controller had arrived, and my first issue of Pure Nintendo magazine! I've owned a Philips CDi for a long time now, but had no controller to play it with. The controller cost me more than the whole system and I guarantee that finally being able to play Hotel Mario will fill me with buyer's remorse. It had to be done, though. Philips CDi is notorious for being the worst video game console of all time and I figured that if I was going to subject myself to it's horrors, I should at least have an expensive controller to really hammer home what a pathetic moron I am. 

Pure Nintendo is a new magazine available in print and digital format and it's a beautiful magazine and a great love letter to die-hard Nintendo Fans. Since I won't be holding my breath for a "Pure Sega" magazine anytime soon, I figured I would settle for this. All jokes aside, It's a really great read and perfect for anyone mourning the loss of Nintendo Power. Check them out at http://purenintendo.com/magazine/ and support them with a subscription! 


Playing with a Philips Electric Razor will probably be more fun than CDi.
My birthday was a blast as I gathered with some friends to watch the Winnipeg Jets vs. New York Rangers game at a local sports bar. I won't spoil the story here, as I'm saving it for the podcast, but let's just say that Beer, Ghost Peppers, Shots, and Pulled Pork nearly killed me. Burning out my esophagus, stomach, and anus all in a 24 hour period made it a birthday to remember!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYSON!!!
The following day was a regular Friday game chasing night for us and I scored some nice stuff. Maybe the cheap Mass Effect guide will actually encourage me to beat that damn game. Highlight of the night had to be when I caught Tommy slipping and grabbed myself a copy of Persona on PSP. He said I had some game karma coming to me, but I bet he regrets that it came in the form of me gobbling up an Atlus game right in front of him. Suck it, buddy! There's not many Atlus games I actively want to play, but Persona has been a "Top 5" PSP want of mine for a while now. 


The food I ate on my birthday was known as "Ass Effect".
In closing, I finally bought a great portable heater for the game-cave basement so we won't freeze to death recording the podcast. Minus twenty celcius temperatures in mid March has been a real bummer. However, I'm looking forward to playing more Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on Xbox 360 in the warmth of the second floor. I've also been giving my PSP a lot of love lately and it's been nice to get reacquainted with it. 

That's all for now! Stay tuned for Two Crude Dudes...dude! 

Super Robot Tyson  

No comments:

Post a Comment