TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Buyer's Remorse #10 - Adventure Panty Time?

The fun will never end, it's Adventure Time!

Welcome back to Buyer's Remorse. I'm happy to say that I actually feel terrible remorse about buying a game this week, so stay tuned and have a laugh at my expense!

One game I bought that I do not regret buying is the Collector's Edition of Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage? for Nintendo 3DS. I'm a huge fan of Adventure Time and I watch the show and read the comics on practically a daily basis. My vernacular is becoming so influenced by the show, that half the time, people don't know what the math I'm saying. Shmowzow!

So spice! So spice! .
I picked it up from a Kijiji seller last week and 100% beat the game in about 2.5 play sessions. The collector's edition comes in a sweet steelbook that looks like the Enchiridion and has goodies like a stylus shaped like Finn's sword as well as a cool map and bestiary. The game itself was a lot of retro inspired fun and the writing and music was perfect for fans of the show. The only downsides would be an awkward item management menu and that the game was not very challenging. The fun factor was off the charts and I hope future Adventure Time games are as awesome as this one!  

February 1st was also a productive chasing day as I knocked a few major items off the old wishlist. I was thrilled to pick up a mint copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii from a Kijiji seller for a very low price and I scored pretty well at the pawn shops and brought home a few hard to find gems like 3D Dot Heroes and Xyanide for only a pocket of change. 


"Time Crisis" is also what I call the 200 hours needed to beat Xenoblade...

February 1st was a great day, but I felt the early symptoms of a certain disease breaking out in my body: The Atlus Disease. Tommy collects games by publisher Atlus, who are know for localizing more obscure overseas titles and generally have lower print runs of their games in North America. Atlus games are often above average quality if you are a fan of Japanese RPGs and they are the target of many game collectors.

The only problem is, Tommy is a bit of a completionist and will buy anything with Atlus on the cover. It could be the most heinous shit, but Hitman Tommy will throw fifteen dollars at it and hug it like a child of his loins. 


Actual Shin Megami Tensei monster. Now I know why Tommy loves Atlus games.
Anyways, we hit the flea markets last Sunday and I lucked out finding a few more games that were big victories for the collection. Epic Mickey was a steal for 5 bucks and I finally found Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for Sony PSP. The Prinny games are some of the best (and hardest) platformer games I've ever played. You start the game with 1000 lives and you will need most of them. I prefer games with female panties, and Tommy likes games with giant green penis monsters that ride around like a demonic Ben Hur. Who's the pervert now?!


Can you guess the remorse? I was cursed by Atlus...
I should be nicer to Tommy as he gave me a free copy of Ultima on NES while we were out at the flea market. He has actually thrown a few games my way when he has a duplicate, and I do appreciate the gesture. Getting back to the remorse part of the week was for some reason I whipped out $5.00 and bought a copy of The Cursed Crusade for Xbox 360. I've seen this game for 5 bucks before and happily walked away as everything I've seen or read about the game has exposed it as a painfully horrible experience. It had that red and blue Atlus logo on the case and for some reason I just bought it without thinking. I frowned as I slid this turd onto the shelf, never to be played. I want my five dollars back so I can buy a jug of bleach and drink it for being so stupid. Tommy's disease has set my "wizard eyes" to scan for Atlus games, when I should just walk past and grab something good. Ugh!

In closing, I just wanted to also express my frustration at trying to find a controller for my Philips CD-i system. A controller is going to end up costing me an arm and a leg. Maybe a good day of chasing on Friday will cure my bad mood! We are planning to hit an untapped pawn shop that has some boxes of treasure hidden from the public eye. Wish us luck!


Super Robot Tyson


No comments:

Post a Comment