TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Horror Movie Month 2014

It's time for one of my favourite things to do each year. October is once again Horror Movie Month. For those of you not familiar with the concept it's pretty straight forward and that is to watch as many horror movies as you can in the month. It's an idea I got from a DVD Forum that I used to frequent. It was almost like a contest to see who could watch the most. I think I only took part in the contest once or twice but when I stopped going there I just carried on with it for my own enjoyment. A few years have past and I'm pretty sure that this is the 4th or 5th time I've done it on my own, most years usually start off strong but as life and responsibility get in the way I usually end the month with about 15 movies watched. However Horror Movie Month 2013 was a huge success and I ended the month with 33 movies watched. If you're curious here's the watch list from last year:


Horror Movie Month 2013
  1. The Mummy (1932)
  2. My Bloody Valentine (2009)
  3. The Mummy (1959)
  4. Scream
  5. Scream 2
  6. Scream 3
  7. Scream 4
  8. The Wolf Man (1941)
  9. P2
  10. Pumpkinhead 4
  11. Candyman Farewell to the Flesh
  12. Prom Night (2008)
  13. The Thing (1982)
  14. Halloween (1978)
  15. Hellraiser
  16. Hellbound: Hellraiser II
  17. Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
  18. Hellraiser: Bloodline
  19. Hellraiser: Inferno
  20. Hellraiser: Hellseeker
  21. Hellraiser: Deader
  22. Hellraiser: Hellworld
  23. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
  24. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
  25. I know what you did Last Summer
  26. I Still Know what you did Last Summer
  27. The Mist
  28. Halloween II
  29. Halloween 5
  30. Friday the 13th
  31. Friday the 13th Part 2
  32. Friday the 13th Part 3
  33. Friday the 13th Part 4
If you wish to follow along with my progress for this year you can check my instagram @hitmantommy or my twitter feed @rcrhitmantommy I will also be tagging any posts with #horrormoviemonth2014


This year I've got a new crop of movies to check out but I'm sure will still revisit some old favourites. In fact due to the success of last year I kicked off this year a day early in an effort to fit in even more titles this year.


Thanks for checking it out and if you have any suggestions for horror movie to be added to my watch list for this year drop me a line on twitter or instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment