TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Buyer's Remorse #33- Operation Mail Day

It’s been another busy couple weeks here but finally got out of the game buying funk that I was in. Tyson and I hit a few places on our way to wings and beer a couple weeks ago which netted me NES games number 584 and 585. Not the best titles but I hadn’t found a NES game that I needed since Calgary so I was happy to knock a couple more off. The store I found them at was running a buy 2 get one free on used games. Of course there were no other cheap Nintendo games that I was in need of so I grabbed a cheap PS1 game.


Sad that it took this long to get these common titles but their usually shat on when I see them

Sticking with PS1 it was sort of the theme for a lot of my recent purchases. I went garage saling with my wife and son. We hit a big community sale and in the end had gone to 52 garage sales but the pickings were pretty slim. I picked up 4 disc only PS1 games for 75 cents a piece and a few strategy guides. I go to this community sale every year and I think it’s just about run it’s course. 10 years ago there would be about 120-150 homes that would run a sale and quite often it was good quality stuff. But I guess the homes haven’t changed hands much in recent years and everyone is running out of junk to get rid of. Come to think of it I think all I found last year was 2 PS1 games and a PS2 game….Either way even though the bounty isn’t as plentiful as it once was I’ll still be there every year cause you never know.

This is how I feel when I garage sale in well to do neighbourhoods!

It had been awhile but I did get a couple packages in the mail last week which is always nice to come home to after a day at work. The first package was an assortment of PS1 games that I had bought from a forum that I frequent. It was mostly collection filler and there were no pics of the games but the guy had a list of $2 games and on that list I spied The Smurfs. I’ve been after that game for awhile but every time I’ve seen it online it was always going for more then I’d want to pay and let’s face it $2 for that game is a steal. The problem is that I had no picture to show that it was in fact The Smurfs and not Smurfs Racer which I’ve seen listed incorrectly before, at the same time I didn’t want to draw attention to it and have the price jacked up. So I picked a few other games that I wouldn’t mind having for $2 and added The Smurfs and hoped for the best. And when it arrived it was a nice shiny copy of the right game that I wanted. Now sure I could have avoided all this and just asked the guy and probably wouldn’t of caused me to pay any more but like when dealing with people in person I never want to tip my hand too much cause some people would take advantage of that. In the end it made it kind of exciting while waiting for it to arrive, anxiously hoping that it would be the right one. Now it's time to take Gargabitch down!!




The second package I received was a box of magazines. Early X-box issues and 3 Official Dreamcast Magazines. I didn’t own any ODM previously so I was excited for those to arrive. A friend of mine was huge into Dreamcast and I remember flipping through a bunch of the issues as they came out so there was a slight nostalgia to getting them.

There were more magazines these are just the highlights


I think that about covers most of the pickups. Tyson and I went out a week ago and hit some Value! Villages and I picked up a Tennis game on Gamecube **Sorry Jimmy** and the other night I downloaded The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD as my free game for buying Mario Kart 8.

This cover is just asking to be photoshopped

Speaking of Mario Kart 8 I’ve had some time since my last entry to sit down and play some of it. I may do a further in depth review at a later time but let’s be honest there’s a 10,000 reviews out there for it already which I’m sure most of you have checked out a few of. But overall I’ve really enjoyed it and am looking forward to getting some online play of it in soon. I’ve also thrown in Super Mario Wii U a couple times recently just to kill an hour here and there. I’ve done the same with NES Remix. In summation I’ve spent pretty much these last two weeks playing the Wii U and have really enjoyed myself.

That’s all I’ve got for now. I should be back in two weeks with an update on how I’m doing with my 2014 Gaming goals so far. So until then take care and thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment