TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Sunday 1 June 2014

Buyer's Remorse #32- Post Calgary

Hey everyone! I had been planning on posting an entry that detailed some of my finds prior to heading out to Calgary but I think we've pretty much covered that off on the upcoming episode of the Two Crude Dudes podcast. So I figured I'd just take a few moments to show off what I've bought since coming back.

I've actually only bought two gaming related items in the last month. Tyson and I have hit the circuit a couple times but what we've mainly come home with have been horror dvds. We're both huge fans of the genre and recently a liquidation outlet had bought the remnants of a video rental store that had gone out of business. Video stores which unfortunately have gone the way of the dodo are an excellent source of horror nutrients. The two of us wasted no time getting down there and attacking what they had to offer. We did so well that we promptly made a second trip to the location to take a chance on some more titles. The big bonus with these purchases is that I've had the time recently to watch a good chunk of these movies. I'll probably go into more detail on what I've bought another time but if you're interested to see some of what I watched check out my Instagram profile "hitmantommy" as I've taken pictures of some of them.



Moving on to the game side of things. After our second trip to the liquidation place we stopped in at value village. After checking the usual departments we ended the visit off in the toy department. After looking in the boardgames at a D&D game I put it down and saw the edge of a box at the bottom of a pile and moved like Neo in the Matrix to make sure I grabbed it before Tyson saw it. Here's what it was:







A boxed Lethal Enforcers w/Justifier for a whopping $3.99. Once I opened it I saw that the game itself was missing but it's not very expensive to pick up. It was worth it alone for the minty Justifier, manual and box itself. Not to mention as you can tell in the picture it's a nice big box and a wonderful display piece for my collection. It was a rare opportunity for me the "catch Tyson slipping" as they say. Looking forward to picking up a cart so I can complete this bad boy.

Lastly this weekend like a good number of people I picked up Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. I know the Wii U has gotten a lot of bad press and there's rumors galore that the system is dying etc etc. But I am so happy with the amount of excitement that I've seen from people who have picked it up. Not to mention the people that picked up the Wii U console bundle with Mario Kart packed in. It'll be interesting to see if this helps get the Wii U some better press if they can get a good household penetration increase. Either way I love my Wii U and am looking forward to spending lots of time playing some of Mario Kart 8 in the next couple days.


Mario is here to Penetrate you on Nintendo's behalf

That's all for now. I do have a couple potential online purchases in the works that will hopefully come to fruition. But until then remember It's not hoarding if you alphabetize your games!

No comments:

Post a Comment