TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Monday 17 March 2014

Buyer's Remorse #29 - Lego My Floigan

Hey Mother Jumpers!

Here's a short little update with some pics of games that I absorbed into my android body. The more games I absorb, the closer I get to becoming Perfect Robot Tyson and I can finally be strong enough to destroy Super Saiyan Tommy and Future Jimmy. 


The focus of my collecting has really tipped in the Dreamcast direction lately since I bought a VGA cable and hooked my DC up to an HDTV. The Dreamcast was so ahead of it's time and it looks so fucking sexy in 480p. The cable cost me less than 20 bucks shipped and was a wise investment. I highly recommend taking this route with your Dreamcast. Not all games are VGA compatible, but a damn large amount of them work just fine.  I also picked up a Component Cable for my Wii so I can play Gamecube games on it and have them look a little sharper too.

I'd like to see Moigle Floigan join the UFC. He's retard strong!
My other recent obsession was brought on by hanging out with River City Retro's own Epic Jimmy. I've decided to collect as many of the Lego games as I can and mine them for Achievements and Trophies. For more exploits of EJ and his quest to hoard Gamecube games, follow him on Twitter at @Epic_Jimmy.




Last, but not least was a score of extraordinary magnitude! Hitman Tommy has my gratitude. He is a noble leader. Let's all give Hitman Tommy a great big hand! 

Try it again! This time wif feewing...
Seriously, the fucker found me a copy of Tomba for FIVE BUCKS!! I finally speared that white whale and cut off it's dork! Look up the definition of "dork" if that last joke didn't land. 

Anyways, to make a long story short, I bought a copy of Tomba right when it came out. I gave it as a gift to my girlfriend at the time, who also happens to be Tommy's sister. We played the shit out of it and nailed 100% of the game after many hours of fun. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Sadly, when I broke up with this girl, she got custody of Tomba and I got custody of Tomba 2 as by then we had also purchased the sequel. I have been trying to reacquire Tomba for over 12 years while that evil fucker Tommy ended up inheriting his sister's copy when she gave up gaming and became more boring. He waved my previous copy of Tomba in my face regularly and I considered burning down his house just to ensure that no one could own it, if I could not have it back.

To make matters worse, Tomba became a dreaded "rare game" and commanded high prices online. I did not give one sweet fuck that it was considered "rare" now, I just wanted back one of my favorite games so I could play the damn thing again and reclaim a piece of my soul that was torn out when I lost it to a domestic battle. So anyways, Tommy stumbled across a copy of Tomba at a flea market for 5 bucks and he knew that game collecting karma demanded that he buy it for me. Also, if he owned two copies of Tomba and I found out, I would beat him to death with a Dual Shock controller.

Never let the girl keep any games when you break up! It will haunt you!
This blog entry is dedicated to Hitman "Tombus" who landed me this huge score for my collection. May you find the NES you are looking for...


Super Robot Tyson


No comments:

Post a Comment