TCD Logo

TCD Logo

Friday 17 January 2014

Buyer's Remorse #27 - Colonial Latrines

It's a new year and it's time for a new Buyer's Remorse!

It's been a busy couple of months in the Super Robot house, but as always I found time to go hunting for games and add them to my well organized hoard. Tommy has been busy as his family is now "1-up" with the addition of their first child, but it seems like we have not reduced the amount of time that we get together to look for games and we still sit around bars and restaurants and talk about games all the time. 

Actually it kinda seems like we do more drinking than before. Hmmm.


The third Crude Dude has been born.
I was so surprised that Tommy actually posted a blog lately, so I figured I better get back to the top of the page and post something in response! Recently, all Tommy does is bury his infant son in video games and put pictures of him on Instagram. That way he can convince his family he's taking cute family photos, when he's really just pimping his games as usual. His last blog covered his gaming goals for 2014. Well, I have my own gaming goals too, but I'll spare you the long exposition and just hit you with the internet's favorite thing: 

Top Ten List!!

1. Play more Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and Wii U games.
2. Buy more NES games that Tommy does not have yet.
3. Get rid of more shit I don't really need. Goddamn magazines...
4. Rearrange the game cave again to make it more uniform by system and order. 
5. Record more than five Two Crude Dudes episodes this year. 
6. More online gaming with actual friends!
7. Find some actual friends... 
8. Road trips! Head over the border to the USA or hit some rural pawn shops and flea markets.
9. Convert my arcade cabinet over to Cadash with marquee and bezel. 
10. Buy a copy of GI Joe on NES complete in the box. Weep with joy.      

Anyways, anyone who reads this blog does not give a shit about who we are or what we do, they just scroll down to the pictures of the crap we bought and either they feel jealous, or make note of how depression and isolation leads to unhealthy collecting habits. Maybe I should have a broader social life and get more physical activity...


Boxing week was good to me and I took the plunge on a big NES game from a Kijiji seller. Here's my latest hauls.



Killswitch Engage on PS1?



It's so nice, I posted it twice...

The above scores were a pretty big mix. Some of them came on Boxing Day as I ventured out to snag the big sales on Wii U and 3DS first party Nintendo stuff. I also grabbed the collectors edition of Aliens Colonial Marines on Xbox 360. I love the Aliens films and the statue that it comes with is totally awesome. I convinced myself that the game cannot be as bad as everyone says and all the patches they released would fix the broken glitches in the game. It's gotta be decent, right? RIGHT?

Nope. It's a steaming pile of drizzling shit. I plan on finishing it, just as punishment. Shoving the resin statue up my ass would be more fun than this game and the statue would probably come out of my anus less broken than the gameplay as well.  

Shitty games mostly come at night. Mostly...
I also went chasing with my buddy Jimmy again and found a few cool items like The Last of Us on PS3 and Sega Superstars Tennis for $2.99. The pawn shops were having a lot of 2 for $15 and 4 for $20 post Christmas sales on PS3 and 360 games, so I stocked up just like last year at this time.

I'll close out by bragging about Contra Force! I have Contra Force! Tommy does NOT have Contra Force! I got a really good deal on Contra Force! Suck my Contra Force! You can wear my Contra Force on your Nazi chins! Join the Chicken Fight!! 

That's about all for now folks! Happy 2014!

Super Robot Contra Force Tyson  

No comments:

Post a Comment